The 18th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP 2010) will take place in Hawaii, June 20-24, 2010. In the conference’s call for submission the topics include the following categories:
- Purposes of UMAP: personalizing information, recommending products, tailoring search results, enhancing learning outcomes, personalizing help, assuming routine tasks, adapting interfaces.
- User characteristics for UMAP: knowledge and skills, interests and preferences, special needs, affective states, goals and plans, contexts of use, roles, cultural characteristics.
- Application domains for UMAP: e-commerce, e-learning, cultural heritage, healthcare, assistive technologies, digital libraries, office work, recommender systems, targeted advertisement, digital TV.
- Environments for UMAP: web-based systems (including the semantic/social Web), desktop systems, groupware systems, mobile and wearable systems, smart environments, smart objects, virtual environments.
- Computational methods for UMAP: data collection, user model extraction and representation, adaptation methods, architectures for UMAP.
- Evaluation of UMAP: requirements specification, formative evaluation, user testing, validation, performance tests.
- Practical aspects of UMAP: privacy and security, cost-justifying and, valuing user experience.